Cheryl’s educational and professional background
“There is no diet that will do what healthy eating does. Skip the diet, just eat healthy.”
Cheryl Mussatto, MS, RD, LD is a registered dietitian with a Master’s Degree in Dietetics and Nutrition from the University of Kansas and a Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics and Institutional Management from Kansas State University.
She is also a certified health and wellness coach through Wellcoaches School of Coaching. Her specialties include nutrition counseling for weight control, high blood pressure/cholesterol, pregnancy, breastfeeding, infant and childhood feeding, and healthy eating for lifestyle changes for all ages.
Her work experience encompasses a wide diversity of dietetics practice including working with the WIC program, as a hospital dietitian, and a consulting dietitian for doctors and long-term care facilities. Currently, Cheryl is a clinical dietitian at Cotton O’Neil Diabetes and Endocrinology Clinic in Topeka, KS; an adjunct professor at Allen Community College in Burlingame, KS teaching “Basic Nutrition;” and is a freelance health and nutrition writer.
She is a weekly nutrition columnist of “Eat Well to Be Well” for osagecountyonline.com and writes several weekly nutrition articles as a blog contributor for Dr. David Samadi, Director of Men’s Health and Urologic Oncology at St. Francis Hospital, Long Island, New York (samadimd.com). Cheryl has been a frequent guest on Dr. Samadi’s Sunday morning radio show called World Health News at am970 The Answer in New York City.
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- AND practice groups:
- Nutrition Education for the Public
- Weight Management
- Women’s Health
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs
- Kansas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nominating Committee Chair
- American Society for Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and Institutional Management from Kansas State University
- Masters of Science in Dietetics and Nutrition from the University of Kansas
- Registered Dietitian – The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian – State of Kansas
- Certified Health and Wellness Coach – Wellcoaches
- Advanced Certification in Adult Weight Management