For anyone who may be intimidated to cook fish, here is a fearless recipe making it super easy. Not only will you be fixing a delicious, gourmet meal but it’s a dinner that can be on your table in just 20 minutes. As you eat this flavor-filled salmon, you can also enjoy knowing you’re getting a great source of monounsaturated fat and brain-boosting omega- 3 fatty acids.
This is only one of the 17 brain-healthy recipes in my book, The Nourished Brain: The Latest Science on Food’s Power for Protecting the Brain from Alzheimers and Dementia. Along with these tasty and nutritious recipes, you’ll also find the latest research on what nutrients you need to protect your brain from diseases like these, complete with stories from those who have experienced them first-hand.
The Nourished Brain also contains easy meal-planning tips that will keep you and your loved ones healthy. This book is an essential guide for anyone who wants to protect the brain from the effects of aging through nutrition and diet. Click here to download a sample or purchase the book on Amazon.
Brain-Healthy Mediterranean Salmon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 3-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Arrange salmon fillets in a shallow baking dish. Rub pressed garlic onto the fillets, then pour the vinegar and oil over them, turning once to coat.
- Season with cilantro, basil, and garlic salt. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven’s broiler. Place the salmon about 6 inches from the heat source and broil for 15 minutes, turning once or until browned on both sides and easily flaked with a fork.
- Brush occasionally with the sauce from the pan.
Recipe courtesy of Dr. David B. Samadi, Urologic Oncologist Expert and Renowned Robotic Surgeon (www.samadimd.com www.prostatecancer911.com www.roboticoncology.com)
Want the latest on food science?
Click here to download a sample chapter of Cheryl’s book, The Nourished Brain, and get a free printable meal-planning guide so you can start eating your way to a healthier brain today.